|Job Title||Icom Telecoms – IT Desktop/Network Engineer|
|Hours:||Full time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Position Date Available:||As soon as possible|
|Initial Salary & Benefits||Competitive (up to £32k depending on experience)
Company Pension Scheme
Quarterly Salary Bonus
Death in Service Insurance
Car Allowance or company van
|Reporting To:||Operations Manager – Telecoms & IT|
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within IT
- Understanding of IT infrastructure including VOIP
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office suite including Office 365.
- Server Networking including TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP
- LAN/WAN Knowledge I.e. Routing, Vlan’s. Switching, QOS.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT systems would be an advantage
- Full UK Driving Licence
Role will consist of:
- Support via telephone diagnosis or on-site
- Maintain documentation and SOPs for internal and customer use
- Provide 1st and 2nd support, assistance and advice to staff with queries and problems in the use of the IT infrastructure.
- Work alongside senior technical staff to provide 3rd line (investigative) support as required.
- Diagnose and assess support-driven and request-driven ‘incidents’ as they are reported to the Service Desk, ensuring all pertinent information is captured and recorded.
- Own all incidents throughout their lifecycle ensuring progress is tracked when with other parties
- Ensure potential breaches of SLAs and potential major incidents/problems are escalated/referred to other parties/internal management as appropriate.
- Maintain service management systems
- Manual handling of IT Equipment in a safe and careful manner
- Follow regulations in secure disposal of WEEE and data.
- Working with customers as a partner
- Assist in the implementation of multi-site projects
- Office & site based in UK and Europe
Preferably based in Kent.
This is a new opportunity to join a growing, diverse and forward-thinking company. The role is varied, the successful candidate is expected to be enthusiastic and dynamic in a fast expanding business and to achieve company and customer expectations. The position will suite someone that is flexible in their attitude and hardworking.
Looking to interview ASAP.
Applicant Emails to: Ashley.email@example.com
About our Companies:
BDR Voice & Data Solutions ( www.bdrgroup.co.uk ) are an award-winning IT and Communications specialist, that provide a wide range of bespoke solutions to a broad spectrum of businesses across the UK delivering a first-class service through a team of highly trained and ethical personnel.
Icom ( www.icomtel.co.uk )was set up during 1990 and is still manged by the original team who enjoy high levels of expertise, customer focus, and driven ethos that nearly 30 years on has established Icom as the go-to-company for a whole range of products and services for public and private sector across UK and Europe. WWW.ICOMTEL.CO.UK
Starting date ASAP